A Woman’s Healing Center fully abides by the HIPAA Privacy Rule, which protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information; the HIPAA Security Rule, which sets national standards for the security of electronic protected health information; the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule, which requires covered entities and business associates to provide notification following a breach of unsecured protected health information; and the confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Rule, which protect identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events and improve patient safety.
Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED
Our commitment at A Woman’s Healing Center is to serve our patients with professionalism and care, being sure at all times to protect the privacy and security of all confidential health information.
During the course of serving your interests is may be necessary to share information with other healthcare providers or business associates. The following are examples in which information may be shared:
- During treatment, we may find it essential to acquire laboratory analysis
- For payment purposes, we may use the assistance of a billing service
- During healthcare operations, we may need a second opinion, or refer you to another institution
- Your insurance company may request a review of your medical information for eligibility determination on your behalf
- Other common relations may include law suits/disputes, public health risks, law enforcement, health oversight activities, coroners, or medical examiners
At A Woman’s Healing Center, LLC we are committed to obeying all federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding privacy practices. If any other uses or disclosures than the ones listed above are needed, information will only be released with the written authorization of the individual in question. That individual, as provided by law, may revoke this written authorization at any time.
Please note that beginning in June, 2018 we are switching to secure electronic records, a process that may take several months to complete. Once completed, it will enable you to access your records online.
Should you have questions or comments regarding your health information, please contact our office at 970 419-1111, ext. 1.