Routine Women’s Healthcare
At A Woman’s Healing Center we place great emphasis on “Well Woman Care.” This is part of your annual, preventive exam and can be thought of as a check-in with your doctor to help you focus on preventive health choices, as well as what screening tests are recommended for your particular life situation.
Because our practice is independently owned and operated, we’re able to develop quality relationships with our patients and devote the time and resources needed to deliver the best medical care. Our team of all female doctors see ourselves as equal partners with each of our patients, working together as a team focused on her health.
Annual Well-Woman Exams
An annual well-woman exam, including a pap smear and pelvic exam, is recommended by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) for patients starting at age 21. A get-to-know-you visit is also recommended starting around age 15. To learn more about A Woman’s Healing Center’s approach to annual exams, click here.
Range of Care Provided
In addition to annual gynecological exams, our team of female doctors are available to provide the following care, depending on your concerns or age:
- Menstrual issues including PMS
- Perimenopausal or menopausal concerns
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening
- Contraceptive/family planning needs
- TB or Tuberculosis skin tests
- Preconception care
- Fertility/infertility concerns
- Sexual dysfunction or discomfort
- General health and wellness issues, including:
- Immunization needs:
- Gardasil (available for ages 11-26)
- TD or TDAP – Tetanus, Diphtheria, Acellular Pertussis
- MMR – Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Varicella – Chicken Pox
- Hepatitis B
Our approach is women’s healthcare is holistic, and we see each patient as an individual with unique concerns and healthcare needs. We look forward to partnering with you through all stages of your health care needs, from puberty to menopause and beyond.